Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 22

Well it's pretty obvious I'll never get hired as a food photographer but that's not what this blog is all about now is it? Hey and check out that fancy pooh plate too!

These Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins were awesome! I wish I could have ate all of them LOL! My husband "the chef" put these together for me. These are definitely a great substitute for a slice of pizza. These are actually whole servings, so one of these would be 4 pts. Another substitute was my husband didn't use red pepper flakes but did use pizza & pasta seasoning on the sauce. Oh and I now see he didn't finely chop the pepperoni. I'm going to have to get on him about making my meals like the directions say ;)

Ingredients:
2 large potatoes, baked, cooled completely, quartered lengthwise
A few sprays of nonstick cooking spray
2 oz pepperoni, finely chopped
1/3 cup pizza sauce
1/8 tsp dried oregano, red pepper flakes or garlic, or to taste
1/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese; shredded

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degreesF. Thoroughly spray a baking sheet with a nonstick cooking spray.

Slice just the top portion (which is about two thirds of the potato flesh) off of each potato quarter. (You can save the potato flesh for later cooking, if you'd like). Layer two teaspoons of pizza sauce over each potato quarter; then sprinkle the pepperoni and cheese over the potatoes.

Gently place the potato skins on the baking sheet that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are hot, approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with red pepper flakes, dried basil, garlic or oregano.

Makes 4 servings.
Serving Size: 2 potato skins

Weight Watchers Points Value = 4 points

*Be certain to let the potatoes thoroughly cool before you cut them and scoop out the inside.


I also wanted to add that I got these recipes from a few blogs online. Unfortunately I can't give credit to those bloggers because I ran them off in word and I don't have any of the sites listed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment